Raised in Sydney
- Skiing, walking & working in Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Employed at TCN-9 as an operator transferring data from an analogue accounting system to a mainframe computer, Sydney.
- Travelled through Central Australia to Darwin, onto Asia & Europe.
- Skied & worked a winter in Val D’Isere, France.
- Lived and worked in down & out Kings Cross, London.
- Travelled home via New York, Los Angeles, and four months through Mexico and Guatemala.
- Employed at the Bureau of Crime Statistics & Research
- Studied evenings, three subjects for a Certificate in Fine Art at the National Art School (NAS).
- Studied full-time at the National Art School.
- Graduated with a Diploma in Painting with work that are primarily recycled timber assemblage reliefs.
- Secured a studio lease with three colleagues at Jones Bay Wharf, Sydney.
- Employed part-time casual.
Exhibited: Art for AIDS Exhibition / Waverley Art Prize / Portia Geach Memorial Award Exhibition / Alice Prize / Warringah Art Prize.
- Married and moved to the Mid North Coast.
- Established a studio practice equipped for timber assemblages.
- Helped organise the inaugural Wauchope Arts Festival and held a public life drawing demonstration using local dance students in leotards.
Exhibited: Waverley Art Prize / Logan Art Award, Brisbane / Barry Stern Gallery, Sydney / NAS Alumni Exhibition, Sydney / Essential Assets, The Studio Gallery, Bellingen.
- Secured a sessional teaching job at Kempsey TAFE for one semester.
- Moved to Canberra and studied for a Bachelor of Visual Art (Hons) with advanced standing.
- Secured for two years, a sessional teaching position at the National Institute of Design, Canberra.
Exhibited: Dobell Drawing Prize, Art Gallery of NSW / In-Between, Manning Regional Art Gallery, Taree / Festival of Fisher’s Ghost Art Award, Sydney / Canberra School of Art Drawing Prize / The Drawing Show, Artspace71, Canberra / 50 Years Now: Field Studies in the Snowy Mountains, Cabramurra Community Hall.
- Graduated with First Class Honours and moved to Singapore.
- Set up a home-studio working in timber assemblages.
- Became a member of the Plastic Kinetic Worms collective in Singapore.
- Held first solo show, Funk, in Singapore.
- Travelled to Malaysia, Indonesia, Europe, and Yemen.
Exhibited: FUNK, PKW Gallery, solo show, Singapore / The Pig Show, PKW gallery, Singapore / Worm Festival II, PKW Gallery, Singapore / Blake Prize, S H Irvin Gallery, Sydney.
- Lived in New York City for six months and was accepted into a three month internship assisting the Gallery Manager, at Artists Space, Soho.
- As a Contributing Writer, submitted a review of the 2002 Whitney Biennal for Singaporean magazine, Vehicle: contemporary visual arts journal.
- Returned to Sydney and set up Tooth Studios in Marrickville, Sydney.
- Employed as at NAS to teach Life-Drawing for the HSC Extension Course for selected NSW Visual Art Students.
Exhibited: Blake Touring Exhibition / Art on the Rocks, ASN Gallery, Sydney / Boxed ii, PKW Gallery, Singapore / NAP Annual Exhibition, New Arts Program, Kutztown, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Moved to Bermuda, administrated Tooth Studios remotely with a Studio Manager on the ground in Sydney.
- Painted full-time on New York Series Satellite, Manhattan Flora (works lost in divorce settlement), and Two World’s Clash, a series based on Bermuda.
- Travelled to Cuba, Europe, and multiple visits to New York City.
Exhibited: Migration Glass Eye, Brooklyn, New York / Bermuda Biennial, Bermuda National Gallery / Field of Vision: New York, The Lab Gallery, New York, USA / Computer Generated Art, Bermuda Society of the Arts / Conceptual Art Show, Bermuda Society of the Arts.
- Returned to Sydney to undertake a Masters in Fine Art (Research) degree at UNSW Art & Design.
- Awarded an Australian Postgraduate Award Scholarship.
- Continued to administrate and manage Tooth Studios, Sydney.
Exhibited: Marrickville Contemporary Art Prize / At The Vanishing Point Contemporary Art Gallery, Sydney / Harmony with White, Sabaai Gallery, Sydney.
- Marriage dissolved.
- Deferred study for one year.
Exhibited: Marrickville Contemporary Art Prize, Chrissie Cotter Gallery, Sydney
- Research visit to Sean Scully’s studio, New York City.
- Returned to MFA studies.
- Graduated in June 2010 with an exhibition Forecast, a series of paintings, drawings and research.
- Presented a paper Emergence of Modern Abstract Art and the Concept of Nonduality, Science & Nonduality Conference, San Francisco
Exhibited: Forecast, MFA solo exhibition, KUDOS Gallery, Sydney / Tim Olsen Drawing Prize, Kudos Gallery.
- Re-branded Tooth Studios as Scratch Art Space (SAS) and installed an art gallery.
- The inaugural exhibition DeTour, a collaboration between myself and SAS Artist-in-Residence Joshua Rampage (USA), opened in September 2012.
- Selected for the Gallery Speed Dating Event, Art Month Sydney
Exhibited: DeTour, Collaborative installation with Joshua Rampage, SAS Gallery, Sydney / Ten Years Inside Out, Curator & participating artist, Chrissie Cotter Gallery, Sydney / Postcards from the North, ESP Gallery, Sydney.
- My practise that had focussed on landscapes for a number of years, now shifted to figurative with a strategy to paint the figure as landscape that eventually transmuted to focus on the energy of the human condition.
- Focussed on building a viable artist-run business and continued to develop and grow social networks.
- Started up a life drawing group, Drawn Together.
- Introduced one-day art workshops to Scratch Art Space.
Exhibited: Pendulum: Actions of Gravity and Acquired Momentum, collaborative installation with Melissa Silk, SAS Gallery / Marrickville Photography Prize, Highly Commended, Sydney / SAS Stockroom Show, SAS Gallery / Three Circles, SAS Gallery / Census, Solo Exhibition, photography, SAS Gallery, Sydney.
- Began a double Diploma in Marketing & Management at MnM institute.
- Continued to build up the marketing and administration for the Scratch Art Space art workshops & gallery.
- Wrote Colour Startup, a colour mixing for painters workshop.
- Separation was settled.
- Established Scratch Art Space as a Proprietary Limited Company
- Employed by Scratch Art Space Pty Ltd as Director, and continued to build an administrative and governance foundation for the business.
- Employed a Gallery Assistant and Curator to help develop the Gallery exhibitions.
- Devised and developed an education program for SAS.
- Wrote Elements of Drawing, a beginners course.
Exhibited: Harvest, Group Exhibition, SAS Gallery, Sydney
- Began a series of paintings around the concept of the Femme Fatale in the context of cultural and familial violence and aggression.
- Wrote the Painting for Beginners Course.
Exhibited: Candour of Doubt, Group Exhibition, SAS Gallery / Drawn Together, Group Exhibition, SAS Gallery / IN House, Studio Group Exhibition, SAS Gallery, Sydney
- Tutor for Drawing for Beginners, Colour Mixing, and Painting for Beginners, Scratch Art Space, Sydney.
- Engaged artists to run creative courses and workshops.
- Refocused onto own practice.